Philosophy of Care
Our Philosophy of Care aims to promote and reflect the values that centre around the individual client, therefore the client being central to the care service planning and delivery. In order to achieve this, Grazebrook Homes have drawn upon the fundamental core values of care which underpin the service values. These are the basis for the provision of individual care services.
We at Grazebrook Homes believe the best person to plan his or her future is the individual themselves.
We help our clients to fulfill their aims and aspirations and we enable them to make their own plans and decisions regarding their life, these are:
- Respect for the individuals own identity, and individuality of the client. His/ her racial identity and cultural heritage.
- Autonomy and independence of personal decision making, including the assumption of risks as well as responsibilities associated with citizenship.
- Choice of occupational activities, lifestyles and the maintenance of independence, including the opportunity to select from a range of options where possible.
- Participation and integration in society, in the development of plans, policies and decisions affecting the person's life.
- Fulfillment of personal aspirations and abilities in all aspects of daily life, including the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Respect of privacy from unnecessary intrusion, together with the safeguarding of confidentiality.
- Equality of opportunity and equal access to services irrespective of age, race or ethnic origin, colour, creed, religion, political affiliation, disability or impairment, marital status, parenthood, gender or sexual orientation.
The realisation of these values together with the level of help and support required to achieve individual goals, will be a unique process for each client - as everyone is a unique person. However, the value principles remain constant and provide a foundation for the provision of care to all, regardless of personal circumstances.